Benefits of having a therapy dog:
- Quality of Life – Interacting with animals reduce the stress aging adults may experience as they move through life transitions.
- Loneliness – Seniors report less loneliness, increased social interactions, and an overall improvement in their quality of life with pet therapy.
- Depression and Anxiety – Pet therapy has been linked to reductions in depression. The elderly shows the greatest improvements, including those seniors with cognitive impairment, disabilities, and or suffering from mental illness.
- Cardiovascular Health – Research has shown that pet therapy can lower blood pressure, lower heart rates, and improve recovery time during mental stress in older populations.
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease – Pet therapy for patients with dementia can provide memory stimulation and calm negative behaviors such as agitation.
“Woof Woof! My name is Bentley, and I am eager to meet you!”
I am an Australian Labradoodle and my birthday is January 30, 2014. I work at AstraCare as a therapy dog and I love my job! I visit our clients in hospitals and nursing homes to provide joy, affection, and encouragement. I love meeting new friends and making you smile. So, if you would like me to visit you, please call the office and the humans will make all the arrangements.
You Can Always Rely On Us
AstraCare strives to offer the best in personalized care services. Whatever your exact needs are, our caring and compassionate staff are here for you.