Alzheimer’s In-Home Health Care
Whether you need help for a few hours a day or your loved one requires 24-hour care, you can rely on AstraCare to provide Alzheimer’s in-home care services that can enhance the quality of life of your loved one. Our team of Registered Nurses (RN’s), Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN’s), Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA’s) and Home Health Aides (HHA’s) can provide compassionate and professional care to those suffering from Alzheimer’s disease. The initial symptoms may be as minor as forgetting names or recent events, but as the condition progresses, the Alzheimer patient may wander, become anxious or even act out with aggression.
Personalized Care Plan
The job of caring for a family member with Alzheimer’s disease is a difficult one. It can take a tremendous emotional toll on the caregiver and requires a great deal physical work and attention to detail. AstraCare can lessen the load by assessing the needs of your family member and creating a care plan that not only addresses their physical needs but focuses on preserving the highest quality of life they can enjoy.
OUR ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE IN-HOME CARE SERVICES INCLUDE:
- RN provided plan of care.
- Look out for the physical safety; watch for the tendency to wander, impaired motor skills and coordination.
- Assistance with bathing, grooming, dressing and eating.
- Provide transportation and assist with walking.
- Establish a schedule and a routine that is easy for the patient to abide to.
- Enhancing home safety by implementing measures to prevent wandering or driving.
- Providing the much-needed respite care for family members who may be the primary care providers for the Alzheimer’s patient.
- Help deal with other obligations the patient may have; such as financial, correspondence, and medical appointments.
- Help the patient accomplish personal goals such as keeping up with family celebrations or staying in touch with friends.
- Providing memory stimulating exercises and activities such as writing, painting, doing easy puzzles, reading children’s flash cards or books.
- Provide emotional support as Alzheimer’s is a frightening disease.
- Providing clients and family members/caregivers with information regarding Alzheimer’s support groups, clinics, etc.
ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE (AD)
Alzheimer’s is a progressive disease that destroys cognitive functions over time. Alzheimer’s is a progressive disease with many stages and manifestations. Symptoms can range from memory loss to complete loss of motor skills, erratic behavior and the inability to communicate. By understanding the disease itself and what stage the patient is in and how the patient is affected, the caregiver can develop a strategy for care and establish priorities.
Once you make the decision to go with the highly skilled team at AstraCare our Registered Nurse will be involved with all aspects of care. You and your loved one will have access to our AstraCare RN who holds extensive medical expertise and can answer your medical questions or help you find the proper ways to resolve medical issues as they arise. This is available to you as part of our in home care service. The AstraCare RN is accessible by phone 24 hours-a-day or for in-home visits. A nursing assessment, history and medication review is provided. A Plan of Care is done by the RN in conjunction with the doctor and left in the home for easy access to health information. AstraCare’s RN can help find and make appointments with specialty doctors, set up medication boxes and provide comforting support to you and your loved one. At AstraCare, you are not alone during this time and our RN can help you navigate through the journey.
Once you make the decision to go with the highly skilled team at AstraCare our Registered Nurse is involved with all aspects of care.
You Can Always Rely On Us
AstraCare strives to offer the best in personalized care services. Whatever your exact needs are, our caring and compassionate staff are here for you.
South Florida's Premier In-Home Care