Alzheimer’s Disease (AD)
Alzheimer Disease is a common form of dementia that negatively impacts areas of the brain that control memory and language. Today, as many as 5 million people in the United States suffer from varying stages of Alzheimer Disease. The initial symptoms may be as minor as forgetting names or recent events, but as the condition progresses, the Alzheimer patient may wander, become anxious or even act out with aggression. AstraCare offers comprehensive in-home health care services for Alzheimer’s patients throughout South Florida.
Our staff is specially trained in how best to provide care for patients with Alzheimer’s.
- Assisting the patient with dressing & grooming.
- Aiding the patient in communication.
- Improving eating habits with healthy meal planning and preparation.
- Enhancing home safety by implementing measures to prevent wandering or driving.
- Providing the much-needed respite care for family members who may be the primary care providers for the Alzheimer’s patient.
- Providing clients and family members/caregivers with information regarding Alzheimer’s support groups, clinics, etc.
Support With Activities of Daily Living
- Transferring and Positioning
- Incontinence Care
In Home Health Care Services and Companionship Services
- Conversation and companionship
- Meal preparation
- Light housekeeping
- Errand services
- Grocery shopping
- Respite or relief for family
- Medication management and reminders
- Grooming and dressing guidance
- Incidental transportation
- Laundry and linen washing
- Recreational activities and crafts
- Communication with family and regular updates
- Emergency monitoring systems
- 24-hour or live-in care
- Mail assistance and organization