AstraCare provides affordable and flexible non-medical services to seniors, those recovering from surgery and are disabled or frail.
Call Us today to discuss your needs
astracare – General Services
Our dedicated care professionals provide both round-the-clock and hourly supervision for those struggling with frailty, activities of daily living, loneliness, stroke and advanced dementia or Alzheimer’s. We also provide services to those residing in a nursing home, assisted living or independent living facilities. Our professional caregivers undergo extensive screening and training process, verifying all licenses and certifications. Our team includes skilled and certified Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN’s), Registered Nurses (RN’s), Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA’s) and Home Health Aides. We maintain an intimate and personal rapport with each of our clients. We do not require a long-term contract for services and remain on-call 24 hours a day. Our
This is a 24-hour shift where the caregiver lives in the home with the client, sleeping in the home nightly. The caregiver is available if needed during the night to assist with a bathroom visit and/or any emergency. The caregiver is entitled to 6-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep (most nights) and to an additional 2 hour break during the day. She does not need to leave the home during this break. This is billed at a flat rate and is a very economical option for clients. Meals are provided for the caregiver unless otherwise arranged.
This is provided when a client needs total care around the clock. We generally provide two to four caregivers who are assigned to manage continuous 8 hour or 12-hour shifts.
Support With Activities of Daily Living
- Transferring and Positioning
- Incontinence Care
In Home Health Care Services and Companionship Services
- Conversation and companionship
- Meal preparation
- Light housekeeping
- Errand services
- Grocery shopping
- Respite or relief for family
- Medication management and reminders
- Grooming and dressing guidance
- Incidental transportation
- Laundry and linen washing
- Recreational activities and crafts
- Communication with family and regular updates
- Emergency monitoring systems
- 24-hour or live-in care
- Mail assistance and organization
Alzheimer’s Disease (AD)
Alzheimer Disease is a common form of dementia that negatively impacts areas of the brain that control memory and language. Today, as many as 5 million people in the United States suffer from varying stages of Alzheimer Disease. The initial symptoms may be as minor as forgetting names or recent events, but as the condition progresses, the Alzheimer patient may wander, become anxious or even act out with aggression. AstraCare offers comprehensive in-home health care services for Alzheimer’s patients throughout South Florida.
Our staff is specially trained in how best to provide care for patients with Alzheimer’s.
- Assisting the patient with dressing & grooming.
- Aiding the patient in communication.
- Improving eating habits with healthy meal planning and preparation.
- Enhancing home safety by implementing measures to prevent wandering or driving.
- Providing the much-needed respite care for family members who may be the primary care providers for the Alzheimer’s patient.
- Providing clients and family members/caregivers with information regarding Alzheimer’s support groups, clinics, etc.